How to get a frame, frameset, or complete bike from me
- Feel free to email me with any questions about me, my process, or my bikes as you are deciding if you want to work with me.
- A $450 deposit secures your spot in my build queue for a frame. The remaining balance will be due at or before delivery. Complete bikes and framesets (frame/fork) will require a larger deposit. The amount varies based on the total build price.
- Once you are in my queue, we will set up a call to begin discussing in detail your wants and needs for the build. We will go over your riding style, your body size and shape, features you want the bike to have, that little thing that you hated about every other bike you have owned, colorway, etc.
- I will then email you my notes from the call and add up a total price based on the chosen options (see pricing info below). This email chain will be an open line of communication during the design process and waiting period. Any details we missed during the call will get nailed down here.
- When your build slot is about a month or two away, we will finalize the design and I will order materials.
- When your build slot is up, I will fabricate your frame and then send it to the painter or powder coater.
- Once the frame returns from finishing and I face and chase all the bearing seats, I will either ship it out to you (you pay shipping) or set up a time to meet for delivery if you are local to Pittsburgh.
- Then you get to enjoy your cool bike.
Frame pricing and Options (subject to change any time)
Gravel/Road/Hybrid/Fixie frames: $1700
Mountain Bike frames (hardtail): $1900
Standard features included with all frames:
Frame geometry designed just for you
Single color powder coat with vinyl decals
Cane Creek Forty headset included
Rear axle included with thru axle frames
44mm head tube for tapered or straight forks or 34mm head tube for straight forks
68mm or 73mm English threaded bottom bracket shell
148×12, 142×12, 135mm, 130mm, or 120mm rear wheel spacing
Flat mount or ISO brake mounts for disc brake frames
Cantilever or caliper brake mounts for rim brake frames
Custom formed oval top tube
Stainless steel dropouts
Two water bottle mounts (3rd one under the down tube if you want it)
Fender mounts if you want them
Rack mounts if you want them
Integrated seat clamp if you want it
Stainless steel head badge if you want it
Additional options available:
Sliding dropouts for thu axle single speed +$350
Tapered head tube +$150
Extra tubes (klunker, etc.) +$100 ea
Post brake mount option for disc frame (instead of flat mount or ISO) +$40
Wet paint job +$400
Upgrade to White Industries headset +$60
Extra braze-ons +$35 ea
Include steel or carbon fork with frame +$(ask me for a quote)
Current lead time
To keep myself from burning out, I will no longer be offe ring exact frame completion date estimates. Instead, I will simply list the number of builds currently in my queue.
As of October 14, 2022, I am midway through a pair of frames, and there are 4 frames in my queue. I work in batches of 2 frames at a time, and it takes me approximately 2-3 months to get through each batch, depending on how busy I am with machining work in my shop. Machining work usually takes priority over framebuilding work.